Day 3 of our vegan challenge! We must say that we are loving this journey so far… who said veganism was boring? It’s the least to say that we feel like getting more inspiration in the kitchen.
Today we tried a veggie stir fry with soy sauce and lots of fresh herbs and we must say that we loved the result and can’t wait to serve this to friends and family.
Ingredients (serves 2):
– 125 gr oyster mushrooms
– 1/2 red bell pepper
– 1/2 yellow bell pepper
– 150 grams chikpeas
– 2 full hands spinach
– 1 red onion
– 2 garlic cloves
– spring onions
– 1 small chili pepper
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons soy cream
– 1 tablespoon curry powder
1. Cook some wild rice while cooking the stir fry.
2. Wash all the vegetables and slice them as shown bellow.
3. Fry the red onion, garlic, ginger and chili pepper for about 1 minute. Add the bell peppers and chickpeas, stir fry for another 3 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons soy cream, 2 tablespoons and approximately 15 tablespoons water. Cook for another 2 minutes and add the oyster mushrooms and spinach and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Add some salt if needed. Take from the stove and add spring onions, parsley and cilantro and stir thourougly.
4. Serve with some lime and sprinkel the plate with some lime zest. This will add this extra freshness to your dish.
The secret to this recipe is definitely lots of fresh herbs and the lime!