Here we are again to share a super healthy and delicious recipe.
Hummus is definitely the simplest dip of chickpeas that there is. It is so full of nutrients, thus so super healthy… think about lowering cholesterol, weight loss, healthiest bread spread there is (according to us) and we can go on and on… on the virtues of this healthy dip.
Let’s make our very own hummus instead of buying the premade ones. It is so easy and quick to make.
We want to share this recipe because it has so much success to whomever gets to taste it, we have even convinced people who don’t like the usual recipe to like this version.
Hummus is so versatile and can be adapted to everyone’s taste. For example, we’re not such big fans of tahini, which most recipes tend to use, so we left it out of our hummus recipe with a twist.
– 250 gr cooked chickpeas
– 5 parts semi-dried tomatoes packed in olive oil
– 5 teaspoons of the olive oil from the semi-dried tomatoes
– 5 teaspoons of vegetable stock (dissolve 1/4 cube of stock into boiling water)
– 5 teaspoons of lemon juice
– 5 teaspoons of water
– 1/2 teaspoon of curcuma (turmeric)
– 1/2 teaspoon of cumin
– Fresh parsley
– Fresh coriander (cilantro)
– 3 garlic cloves
– Pepper and salt
1. Add all the ingredients into a mixer or blender starting with the parsley, coriander and garlic on the bottom and ending with the chickpeas. That way the parsely and coriander will blend easier.
2. Mix all those ingredients until you get an extra smooth hummus. From time to time you might need to shake your mixer or use a spoon to push the ingredients down. Add some water if you see that the hummus is still too thick.
3. ENJOY 😉