Here we are again for a quick, easy and so delicious recipe. This dish is so pure, with a few ingredients you will be able to put something healthy at the table in no time!
Don’t forget to cut all your vegetables, get your stock ready before starting to cook. This will make it so much easier for you.
In order to make this dish for 2 you will need:
– 250 gr pasta
– 250 gr green beans (haricots)
– 3 ripe tomatoes
– 1 small onion
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 cube of vegetable stock
– 1/2 plant of fresh basil
– Olive oil
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda (Bicarbonate)
– Salt and pepper
1. Boil 500 ml of water. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. When the water starts to boil add the green beans to the water and cook for 2 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
The baking soda will reduce the cooking time but I use it most of the time to keep the vibrant colors of my vegetables.
2. Cut the tomatoes, onion and garlic into small cubes. Clean the green beans and cut them in 2. Dissolve the vegetable stock in 100 ml of hot water.
3. Boil 500 ml water. Add the pasta, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook for about 6 minutes until al dente. Drain when ready… but never rinse your pasta as you will take all the taste out by doing that.
4. While the pasta is cooking, fry the onion and garlic into about 4 tablespoons of olive oil until glossy. Add the tomato cubes, some pepper and cook for about 8 minutes.
If you see that the tomatoes start to stick to your pan, you can add the vegetable stock bit by bit to the sauce.
Add your green beans and pasta to the sauce and cook for another 2 minutes. Finish with fresh basil.
What I tend to do is to add tuna in the last 2 cooking minutes if I feel like heaving some fish with this dish.
Food is ready to be served and savored!
Have a lovely weekend Foodies!!