Lazy Sundays ask for ditto recipe’s. This recipe is for those moments when you feel like having a sweet dessert but at the same time feeling lazy to come out of that comfy sofa of yours. That’s how I found out this sorbet recipe.
Besides of red fruits to be attractive, red fruits are loaded with super healthy antioxidants, which soak up damaging free radicals in your body.
So just take your blender out and let’s get started to spoil that temple of yours, which is your body!
For this recipe (for 2) you will need:
– about 1 glass of a mix of frozen wild fruit (I took a mix of red currant, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blackcurrant, blueberries)
– 1/2 red apple
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 4 to 6 tablespoons of orange juice
1) Peel the ginger and slice the apple into big chunks. Add the leaves of mint and basil, apple, ginger, wild fruit, honey and orange juice into your blender.
2) Mix for about 5 minutes or until you see there are no more chunks in the sorbet.
3) Ready to serve and enjoy. No need to freeze it first for a few hours or so.
You can really use any kind of frozen fruit to make this sorbet. It can be savored just like that by itself or you can use it as part of your dessert. I tend to serve it with watermelon and plain nonfat yogurt to add that special touch.
Here are 2 of my serving ideas but possibilities are just endless.
Have a blessed Sunday Foodies!!!